I will support and guide you through the exploration of your thoughts and concerns in a safe and caring environment. My experience of working with a variety of age groups from school children to the retired, means that I can adapt to your needs. I have worked in several counselling agencies and have experience of the many different causes of anxiety and low mood.
I discovered very young that we are all unique and react differently to the challenges that life throws at us. My belief is that we can all benefit from having someone to talk to and I knew early on that I wanted to offer the support to others that I had found so helpful in my own life.
I have a particular interest in family relationships. Adoption is close to my heart both personally and professionally and I work from a position of experience, both with those who adopt and those who are adopted.
I also work with the effects of complex trauma (e.g. Dissociative Identity Disorder) and understand the particular needs of this client group.
Bsc (Hons), Dip. Couns, Dip. LC, MBPsS, MBACP
I have completed the following qualifications and training and feel that ongoing education is vital in order to remain relevant, focused and safe in my work with my clients.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Introduction to Counselling (Open University)
- Counselling: Exploring Fear and Sadness (Open University)
- Diploma in Life Coaching (NCFE)
- Therapeutic Counselling TC-L4 (CPCAB)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT-L5 (CPCAB)
Additional Recent Training
- Working with Problem Gamblers (GamCare) (2014)
- Understanding how to work with children of substance misusing parents (EDAS) (2015)
- Working with adult survivors of childhood abuse (DAA) (2016)
- Using CBT to work with addiction (GamCare) (2016)
- Working with Trauma (CFC) (2017)
- Working with Dissociative Identity Disorder (PODS) (2017)